A glimpse of Atlanta Sewing Center in their Babylock Booth!
I love to see what is new in the crafting market. Thursday was spent at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo with girlfriends. This is the first time, in years, that I actually walked the floor and not worked the show. There is something to be said for seeing what is new to the sewing market. For me it was a test to see what I didn't already have! What did I purchase? 5 glass nail files and & an ergonomically designed set of crochet hoods (made in America!)
What can be found at this years show?
- I did see lots of great new retro-style fabrics.
- I looked for some new style form fitting patterns and the trend for loose fitting jackets still continues at these shows. Nice patterns but definitely not a flattering style for my wardrobe.
- If you are a quilter this is the show for finding patterns and fabrics all in one place.
- Allaboutblanks.com had some wonderful items for those who are into embroidery and need items for gift giving. If you miss the show, you can shop them online.
- For those in the Atlanta area, Atlanta Sewing Center in Duluth features a new Quilting Oasis and they are open on Sundays.
- The Vogue fabrics was a bit disappointing this year. There I typed it! It was more of a garage sale of older fabrics and clearance sale books. Nice, but I go to shows to see what is new and exciting. Even the patterns looked old and faded - oh my!
- Some fun booths if you are into embroidery are: A Bit of Stitch's was filled with pretty designs, and who could not love the workmanship of Momo-Dini's Booth?
- Dakota Collectibles had some collections available at great pricing if you have just gotten into embroidery!
- South East Sewing has the Hoop-Tech frames at their booth, so if you need a great set of frames for your 6 or 10 needle machine, go there as they are a clamping system.
It was fun to be with friends and although I didn't add any new sewing products to my stash - my two new purchased items are fabulous! and I am giving serious thought to the 10 needle machine and selling off my 6 needle.
Gorgeous day out in Sunny Atlanta, and I hope it is the same by you. Sending out a newsletter postcard with embroidery design to subscribers of CookiesCreations.com website on Sunday with a free St. Patty's day gift. It should arrive by midnight!