|Stella dreaming of her next CookiesCreations project!|
Many companies are putting their manuals online as well as in their software materials. Here are some viable options if you like to have a reference next to you while working:
1) Print sections as you need them for a reference
2) Put them on your I-Pad or other mobile devices so you can refer to them while you are using the software. I-books opens pdf files on the I-pad and most window mobile devices come with a pdf reader and many are available online. The new Kindle Fire includes taking your pdf documents "on-the-go" with you. So chances are you already own one of these mobile devices! If you need a mobile device see the end of this post and look what I found: the perfect gift for yourself at a great price :)
Mobile devices saves on paper and dollars, for all.
Same thoughts apply to machine manuals online. Your i-pad will open pdf files using i-books and your windows devices use a number of pdf readers available in the market should you not already have one.
- Other perks of putting them on your mobile device:
- It is with you most of the time.
- Chances are you can find it quicker than your printed references.
- Utilizes time more effectively: It's amazing what you can learn while waiting in a carpool line!
- Weighs less and packs easier and if you are one who enjoys taking classes, you can always have your manual resources with you.
- You are able to refer to it while in the midst of a project more easily.
When attending Dawn Wenner's amazing Serger Retreat this past summer, I had the manuals for all my "toys" with me on the I-pad. I never felt lost because my references were all with me. FYI: Dawn is the owner of crystaleyecandy.com. Any information that was given to me at the event was immediately captured and placed in a folder marked Serger Retreat for future reference on my mobile device.
Stay organized! If you need more help with organization in the sewing room - scroll through this blog with tips and directions on threads, fabric, containers, patterns, and more. Or check out some of the suggested organizing containers on my Pinterest Organizing Board
PDF Manuals to get you started:
Brother Sewing and Software
Cricut for crafty friends here! Such a glimpse into my life!
Sizzix Big Shot Pro for those that die cut and quilt with one of these
If you don't have a mobile device already, this particular Kindle Fire does all the amazing things that the other kindles do, and it notes the following: "Your weekend travel plans, the latest office report - keep your essential information close at hand and backed up on the cloud. Email spreadsheets, PDFs, Word docs and more directly to your device or upload from your PC or Mac using Amazon Cloud Drive"