Enabler Alert: Craftsy Classes are up to 50% off this weekend!
The project that went astray continues... "THE REDEMPTION!"
|Invaluable! Clear and concise.|
I went ahead and created the second one (ouch) with a zipper and sleeves inserted. Sleeves, thanks to the armholes, really do take up excess fabric in front. It is good to put a zipper closure on the center line to prevent any distortion. Forget that the pattern has cutaway darts, leave the fabric there. The teacher is right, the teacher is right, the teacher is right... Remove them when it is all perfected!
|Step by step stitching assembly!|
I learned how to slash the back of my pattern. I followed the instructions to the letter. Thank you Deanne Smith! I can now back my way into any room with a perfect fitting moulage. As long as I don't turn around, I am golden! So that is the goal of #3: fix those bust darts. I will ask hubby to take a photo of me backing into a room for the next post! You'd know that back anywhere!
Here's my tip for self preservation in challenging stitching moments: it is nice to take a break and sew a mini project in-between large "units" of a more challenging project. (I learned about units in the Classic Tailored Shirt and it has helped). At ASG this week, I had a chance to make origami fabric flowers. Lots of fun, and it was amazing how Lucretia and Lisa kept us on task. Yes, I did it step by step per their instructions. 17 of us, and they turned out nicely! Now I am going to spend Sunday, working on my moulage.
My true goal: I want an artful blank that fits well to embellish with machine embroidery.
Happy Valentine's Day,